Sunday, June 20, 2010

Chicken Stock Again

Once again we were able to volunteer in Chicken at the bluegrass festival known as Chickenstock.  We left after work on Friday evening in the rain and spent 3 days in the rain, returning in the rain on Monday.  Yuck!  But we had a good time with David cooking and me taking and selling tickets and listening to music with Fred.

 

   

  This is a photo of the old pedro dredge that the owners brought to Chicken. 

On the way back we passed these two roadside oddities.

   

Here is our usual travel configuration with me in the passenger seat, David driving and Fred viewing out the front window.

1 comment:

  1. Hi: I visited Chicken every year in the 1950's to see a gold mining operation run by a fellow named Billy Meldrum. I wrote a piece on those visits for my memoirs. If you are interested I would be glad to send it. I need your e-mail. We had an exploration party in Manly Hot Springs in the 50's. They liked working there because it was the one place that had fresh vegetables. Also the only way in was by air-no road at that time. I thought of Manly as an Eden in the middle of nowhere. I liked it better than Circle Hot Springs which was connected by road to Fairbanks and was very commercial. AlKaufman

    ReplyDelete